As a diversified entertainment group and a leader in the Australian wagering, racing media, gaming services and Keno markets, Tabcorp strives to offer:
- a first-class entertainment experience for our customers
- great opportunities for our employees
- benefits to our industry stakeholders
- support in the community
- value for our shareholders
Tabcorp manages leading customer brands in Australia, including tab.com.au, Luxbet, Sky Racing, Sky Sports Radio, Tabcorp Gaming Solutions (TGS), and Keno, serving millions of customers every year.
Tabcorp's four businesses of Wagering, Media and International, Gaming Services and Keno employ more than 3,000 people
Tabcorp has more than 130,000 shareholders and has a market capitalisation within the top 100 Australian companies listed on the Australian Securities Exchange.
In the 12 months to 30 June 2013, the company generated revenue of $2,003.2 million from its four businesses. The company's net profit after tax for the period was $126.6 million. For more information see the performance graphs opposite and the Financial Summary section.
Tabcorp has typically paid dividends to shareholders in March and September. Dividends to shareholders in respect of the full year to 30 June 2013 totalled 19 cents per share fully franked, and earnings per share was 18.9 cents. For more information see the Dividends section.
Tabcorp is committed to ensuring its products are enjoyed by its customers and delivered responsibly. The company continues to actively support many local communities with a range of donations and sponsorships for sporting groups and community services. For more information see the Responsible Gambling section and the Community section of this website.
David Attenborough is the company’s Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer. For more information about the company's leadership please view the Board of Directors section and the Senior Management section of this website.
Tabcorp’s head office is located at 5 Bowen Crescent, Melbourne, Victoria 3004. For more information see the Contact section.
Tabcorp was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) in August 1994, at $2.25 per share, to acquire the wagering and gaming businesses of the former Victorian Totalizator Agency Board.
Tabcorp acquired the Star City hotel and casino, a major entertainment complex in Sydney, in 1999.
In 2003 the company merged with Jupiters, the owner of hotel and casino complexes in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Townsville, as well as gaming machine monitoring.
In 2004, Tabcorp completed the acquisition of Tab Limited, the New South Wales based wagering, media and gaming company.
In June 2011, Tabcorp completed the demerger of its Casino business to form the newly listed Echo Entertainment Group Limited. For more information about the demerger, see the Investor Centre section of this website.
For more information about the company's history, please view the History section of this website.
Tabcorp’s brands include:
- TAB in Victoria and New South Wales
- tab.com.au nationally
- Sky Racing
- Sky Sports Radio
- Keno in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland
- Tabcorp Gaming Solutions (TGS)
- Trackside animated racing game
For more information see the Brands section of this website.
Key Tabcorp statistics (as at 30 June 2013):
- Totalizator and fixed odds betting offered on racing and sporting events in approximately 2,900 TAB retail outlets in agencies, hotels, clubs, as well as on-course in Victoria and New South Wales, and via internet, mobile devices, phone andpay TV
- Luxbet offering racing, sport and novelty product bookmaking service by phone, online and mobile devices
- Trackside, a computer simulated racing game, operating in Victoria and New South Wales, and licensed in other Australian and overseas jurisdictions
- Wagering and pooling through the Premier Gateway International (PGI) joint venture in the Isle of Man (50% interest)
- 315,000 active account customers
- TAB iPhone, iPad and Android apps downloaded over 900,000 times
- $728.2 million returned to the Australian racing industry for FY13 (including contributions from Media and International)
Media and International business
- Three Sky Racing television channels broadcasting thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing and other sports to audiences in TAB agencies, hotels, clubs, other licensed venues, and into homes to pay TV subscribers
- Sky Racing available in approximately 2.4 million homes and 5,400 commercial outlets in Australia, covering 90,000 races per annum
- Sky Racing exporting Australian racing to 51 countries
- Sky Sports Radio network in New South Wales, and advertising and sponsorship arrangements with Radio Sport National
Gaming Services business
- TGS supplying electronic gaming machines (EGMs) and specialised services to licensed hotels and clubs in Victoria
- Contracts cover approximately 8,500 EGMs in Victoria, servicing approximately 170 outlets
- Over 122,000 members of the Diamond Rewards loyalty program
- Keno in licensed venues and TABs in Victoria and Queensland, and in licensed venues in New South Wales
- 3,654 Keno outlets in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland
- 6,070 Keno terminals in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland