Tabcorp is Australia's leading wagering, racing media and Keno operator.
As a diversified entertainment group, Tabcorp strives to offer a first-class entertainment experience for our customers, great opportunities for our employees, support in the community and value for our shareholders. In 2012, we adopted the new Tabcorp Ways of Working, which encourage our employees to 'Think Customer', 'Think Big', 'Be One Team', 'Be Accountable' and 'Do the Right Thing'.
Tabcorp manages leading customer brands in Australia, including TAB.com.au, Keno, Luxbet, Tabcorp Gaming Solutions, Sky Racing and Sky Sports Radio, serving millions of customers every year.
The company continues to actively support many local communities with a range of donations and sponsorships for sporting groups and community services. This is on top of the company's contributions to state community benefit funds in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, which in the year to 30 June 2012 totalled $78.7 million.
Tabcorp was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) in August 1994, at $2.25 per share, to acquire the wagering and gaming businesses of the former Victorian Totalizator Agency Board. Tabcorp acquired the Star City hotel and casino, a major entertainment complex in Sydney, in 1999. In 2003 the company merged with Jupiters, the owner of hotel and casino complexes in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Townsville as well as gaming machine monitoring. In 2004, Tabcorp completed the acquisition of Tab Limited, the New South Wales based wagering, media and gaming company. In June 2011, Tabcorp completed the demerger of its Casinos Business to form the newly listed Echo Entertainment Group Limited. For more information about the demerger see the Investor Centre section of this website.
Tabcorp’s four businesses of Wagering, Media and International, Gaming and Keno employ about 3,000 people across all States of Australia.
Tabcorp has more than 136,000 shareholders and has a market capitalisation within the top 100 Australian companies listed on the Australian Securities Exchange.
In the 12 months to 30 June 2012, the company generated revenue of $3,038.5 million. The company's net profit after tax for the period was $340.0 million.
Tabcorp has typically paid dividends to shareholders in March and September. Dividends to shareholders in respect of the full year to 30 June 2012 totalled 24 cents per share fully franked, and earnings per share was 47.6 cents. For more information see the Dividends section.
Tabcorp is committed to ensuring its products are enjoyed by its customers and delivered responsibly. The company makes a significant contribution to the communities in which it operates through sponsorships, donations, provision of community services, payment of taxes and provision of entertainment. For more information see the Responsible Gambling section and the Community section of this website.
David Attenborough is the company’s Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer. For more information about the company's leadership please view the Board of Directors section and the Senior Management section of this website.
Tabcorp’s head office is located at 5 Bowen Crescent, Melbourne, Victoria 3004. For more information see the Contact section.
For more information about the company's history please view the History section of this website.
Tabcorp’s brands include:
- TAB.com.au in Victoria and New South Wales
- Sky Racing
- Sky Sports Radio
- Keno in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland
- Tabcorp Gaming Solutions
- Trackside animated racing game
For more information see the Brands section of this website.
Key Tabcorp statistics (as at 30 June 2012):
- Totalizator and fixed odds betting in approx 2,800 TAB retail outlets as well as in hotels, clubs and on-course in Victoria and New South Wales
- Luxbet.com offering racing, sport and novelty product fixed odds bookmaking service by telephone and online
- Trackside, a computer simulated racing product, in Victoria and New South Wales, and licensed overseas
- Wagering and pooling through Premier Gateway International (PGI) joint venture in the Isle of Man
- Over 92,000 customer loyalty members
- $652.7 million returned to the Australian racing industry for FY12
Media and International
- Broadcasting through Sky Racing nationally and internationally
- Sky Racing available in approx 2.4 million homes and 5,400 outlets in Australia, covering 86,000 races per annum
- Sky Racing broadcasting Australian racing to 31 countries
- Sky Sports Radio network in New South Wales
- Tabcorp Gaming Solutions contracted over 8,500 Victorian electronic gaming machines and commenced operations on 16 August 2012
- Diamond Rewards loyalty program in over 100 live venues
- Keno in 3,457 licensed venues in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland
- 5,482 Keno terminals in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland