Tabcorp's Responsible Gambling Framework
Tabcorp is internationally recognised for taking a leadership position in the responsible service of gambling products.
We understand that to operate a sustainable business, customer care must be at the forefront of the company's operations. It is no-one's interests to see people gamble irresponsibly.
Tabcorp strives to maximise customer enjoyment of its products, games, facilities and services, whilst taking action to minimise the potential harm that gambling can cause for some individuals.
Tabcorp separates its responsible gambling activities into three distinct categories, outlined in the diagram below.
Primary prevention includes activities that aim to inform the broader community about gambling so people can make sensible choices for their individual circumstances. For example, education campaigns and participation in Responsible Gambling Awareness Weeks.
Secondary prevention initiatives are targeted at customers and staff within gambling venues. For example, information about the operation of games and chances of winning, staff training and Responsible Gambling Codes.
Safety net initiatives aim to assist those people who have indicated a problem with gambling. For example, self exclusion programs and referral to counselling services.
In Tabcorp's view, the industry's role in responsible gambling is to:
- Offer products and services in a way that facilitates a customer's ability to engage in responsible gambling;
- Provide an environment in which customers can responsibly participate in their chosen leisure activities;
- Provide venue and outlet managers and their employees with access to training and awareness programs relating to responsible service of gambling, so that they understand their responsibilities regarding customer care;
- Provide appropriate safety nets for customers who are unable to control their gambling behaviour;
- Make available industry and government endorsed information relating to:
- the nature of products offered, including the likelihood of winning and losing, and associated risks;
- Responsible Gambling Codes (further information about these codes can be accessed from the Responsible Gambling Codes page;
- problem gambling support services including self-exclusion programs; and
- Conduct business honestly, with integrity and in compliance with legislation, regulation and Responsible Gambling Codes.