Tabcorp is committed to delivering its products responsibly and supporting a well-regulated and responsible industry, characterised by integrity at all levels.
For us this means we have three main areas of commitment:
- Responsible gambling: We are committed to being a leader in promoting responsible gambling.
- Animal welfare: We support the racing industry in enhancing animal welfare.
- Responsible advertising: We support government backed consumer protection initiatives such as gambling advertising restrictions and prohibition on offering of credit by wagering operators and restrictions on online in-play betting.
Caring for people is at the heart of a sustainable business.
It's our goal to equip people with information and resources to help them make informed decisions about how they gamble.
We take responsible gambling seriously. More than simply following the letter of the law, we strive to actively minimise potential harm to customers.
This means working with our partners on initiatives such as education campaigns, self-exclusion programs, research and supporting counselling services.
This includes activities that aim to inform people so they can make the best choices for their individual circumstances. These initiatives include education campaigns and participation in Responsible Gambling Awareness Week.
This includes initiatives that actively communicate with customers and staff within gambling venues. We provide information about the operation of games and chances of winning, and educate staff on how to enforce Responsible Gambling Codes.
Safety net initiatives
These are in place to help people who have indicated a problem with gambling. These initiatives include self-exclusion programs and referral to counselling services.
Tools to help customers manage their gambling:
Lotteries – Customers of our lotteries business can elect to self-exclude from online play, set their own personal spend limits online, and opt out of receiving marketing information. Further information is available at The Lott website.
TAB Wagering – Tabcorp operates the Betcare self-exclusion program in all of its Victoria and New South Wales TAB agencies as well as in some pubs and clubs. Further information is available from the TAB website. TAB also has the 'take a break' functionality for its online customers.
UBET Wagering – Customers can set their own bet limits and self-exclude online or in UBET agencies or venues. Further information is available from the UBET website.
Keno – online Keno customers can take a break from play online for a period ranging from 1 day to 30 days. Self-exclusion from some venues is also an option. Further information is available on the Keno website.
Gaming – The Australian Hotels Association administers the self-exclusion program available to gaming customers in Victoria's pubs and clubs. Further information is available at www.ahavic.com.au or by phoning the Self Exclusion Officer on (03) 9654 3491.
Tips for staying in control of your gambling activity:
Set your financial limits. Be clear about them before you start to gamble. When you reach this limit, stop gambling.
Get a helper. Choose someone to call and support you if you are having problems with gambling.
Self-exclude. You have the right to exclude yourself from any gaming venue if you have a problem with gambling and want to cut down or quit.
Take a break. Gambling continuously without taking a breather can impact your judgement.
Don’t chase losses. Don’t try to win back lost money by placing bets you can’t afford.
Our Commitment to Responsible Gambling & Minors On Course
As an industry leader in regulatory compliance, Tabcorp is committed to ensuring customers gamble responsibly and that minors are not allowed to gamble. To support that commitment, Tabcorp in 2017 implemented the following measures in respect of its TAB on course operations:
- New racetrack monitor role: Tabcorp has introduced a dedicated “monitor” role responsible for checking customer IDs. Monitors wear high-visibility vests so they can be easily identified by patrons.
- New restricted areas: Tabcorp has implemented new restricted areas with bollards to create 18+ only zones near our EBTs (Easy Bet Terminals).
- Proof of age stamps: Tabcorp has introduced the use of wrist stamps to help improve our customer wagering experience and ensure people betting with us are aged 18 or over.
- Consolidation of EBTs: Tabcorp has consolidated the location of our racecourse EBTs so that the monitoring of those EBTs is easier and more effective.
- CCTV monitoring: As well as being monitored by TAB staff, where the physical placement requires, our EBTs are also monitored by CCTV to further support our enhanced supervision measures.
- EBT disablement action: If a Tabcorp staff member is unable to supervise an EBT for any reason, they are able to immediately disable the EBT until satisfactory supervision is reinstated.
- Race day toolbox talks: At the start of major race days, all TAB staff and monitors attend “toolbox talk” briefings to reinforce their EBT monitoring responsibilities.
Counselling and support
The vast majority of people enjoy gambling responsibly. However, for some people, gambling can become a problem.
Help is available for people who feel they may need assistance in managing their gambling or others who may be adversely affected by gambling.
Free, independent and confidential counselling and support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in each state via the below services.
1800 858 858
1800 858 858
1800 858 858
1800 858 858
1800 858 858
Australian Capital Territory
ACT Gambling Counselling & Support Services
1800 858 858
1800 858 858
Responsible gambling codes and manuals
RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING CODES and MANUALS applicable to the Tabcorp Group's operations
We have developed individual Responsible Gambling Codes of Conduct for wagering, lotteries and Keno. These Codes are responsive to the individual circumstances of each of these businesses and their customers. In some jurisdictions it is mandatory for our businesses to adhere to the relevant government’s Codes of Practice. The Responsible Gambling Codes of Conduct and manuals for the Tabcorp Group are available from links within this downloadable document which lists out the codes and manuals.
LEVEL 4 RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING ACCREDITATION
Tattersall’s Sweeps Pty Ltd, Tatts NT Lotteries Pty Ltd, New South Wales Lotteries Corporation Pty Ltd, Golden Casket Lotteries Corporation Limited and Tatts Lotteries SA Pty Ltd (collectively known as the Lott) achieved Level 4 Responsible Gambling Accreditation from the World Lottery Association (WLA) for its Responsible Gambling Program. This certification recognises the Lotteries business as a leader in responsible gambling as assessed by the Responsible Gaming Independent Assessment Panel against the internationally recognised WLA Responsible Gaming Framework and WLA Responsible Gaming Principles.
SUPPORTING ANIMAL WELFARE
Tabcorp supports well-regulated racing industries where animal welfare comes first. There is no place for animal cruelty in racing or society in general.
The community expects that animal welfare and integrity are prioritised, and we agree.
In April 2018, Tabcorp was proud to announce our Sky Racing naming rights sponsorship of the greyhound racing industry’s inaugural GAP National Adoption Day. On Sunday 29 April, Greyhounds as Pets (WA and NSW) and Greyhound Adoption Program (VIC, QLD, TAS and SA) came together to encourage potential adopters to find out more about the greyhound breed and potentially find the newest addition to their family.
Additional information about our Corporate Responsibility pillars