Tabcorp uses MailChimp to provide electronic newsletters to subscribers.
• when you access the Tabcorp electronic newsletters;
• your browser type and version;
• your operating system and other similar information.
MailChimp will use the information collected from you for the purpose of hosting the online platform to enable Tabcorp to create, send and manage electronic newsletters. MailChimp will also use this information to measure the performance of Tabcorp’s email campaigns.
MailChimp may transfer this information to its contractors or other third parties who process the information on MailChimp’s behalf, or where otherwise required to do so by law.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and is subject to the laws of the USA. Your information (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia.
By signing up to electronic newsletters from Tabcorp you:
• consent to your personal information being sent and stored overseas, and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) will not apply to the use of the information;
• acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for any privacy breaches by MailChimp but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
You can unsubscribe from the Tabcorp electronic newsletter at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” option in every email sent to you by MailChimp.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to the use of your personal data please contact email@example.com.