Who the policy applies to
What information does Tabcorp collect and hold?
The kind of information we collect and hold about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us and the requirements of applicable laws, regulations, licence conditions and betting rules. We may collect, for example:
- your name, date of birth, email address, mobile telephone number and other contact details, as well as copies of documents confirming your identity, such as your driver’s licence, passport or utility bills;
- your gender, credit card or bank account details, lifestyle or betting frequency details;
- details of your online behaviour, IP address, location when using our products and services, and recordings of phone calls between you and us;
- information about our shareholders, including bank account details, security holder identification number and tax file number or ABN exemption;
- footage from video surveillance at our retail agencies, venues and other sites;
- information about staff of our retail venues including name, address, age, position, citizenship/migration/visa status, copies of pay slips, rosters, and proof of wage/superannuation payments;
- your qualifications, experience, employment history, salary expectations and other information if you wish to be employed or engaged (directly or indirectly) by us;
- background information such as your criminal record and whether you are a politically exposed or sanctioned person, if you wish to be employed or engaged (directly or indirectly) by us or are one of our suppliers or customers (or are employed or engaged by them); and
- details of your qualifications and your citizenship, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin and any disability you have if you enrol for a Tabcorp training program.
If you open or use an account with us using your mobile device, while in one of our retail venues, you consent to us collecting your personal information (including the fact that you’re in that venue) via your mobile device. We may also provide this information to the venue for analytical and marketing purposes.
How we collect personal information
We'll usually collect information from you directly, via our websites or apps, over the telephone or in person. We may collect information from a third party if it isn't reasonable or practical to collect it from you or if required by law.
For example, we may collect your personal information from:
- third parties that can help assess your risk to our business under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth);
- your employer if you’re employed by a company that supplies products or services to us;
- our related bodies corporate;
- our share registry provider;
- our retail venues;
- any entity that provides training consultancy services to us;
- public sources (e.g. social media sites, Google and other websites); and
- regulatory bodies and any other government authorities or agencies.
Why we collect and hold personal information
We may collect and hold your personal information to:
- identify you and verify your identity;
- manage the products and services we provide to you;
- market our, and our related companies', products and services to you and enable them and selected third party partners to market to you;
- comply with our responsible gambling commitments;
- administer and manage the ownership of Tabcorp shares;
- consider you for employment, if you apply for a position with us;
- do business with our suppliers of goods and services;
- develop and improve our products and services;
- maintain security of accounts and venues;
- assist retail venues in their management activities;
- protect our rights and property and those of any Tabcorp customer; and
- satisfy any other purpose required or permitted by law.
If we’re unable to collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide products and services to you.
How we use and disclose personal information
We may disclose your personal information to, for example:
- our employees, contractors and service providers, to perform their jobs or provide their services;
- sports controlling bodies, regulators and any other relevant commonwealth, state and territory government authorities and agencies;
- our retail venues;
- our related companies, so they can comply with their obligations under laws, licence conditions and betting rules and can directly market to you;
- our business partners and other third parties if you join a Tabcorp loyalty program, so they can send you offers and information about their products and services; and/or
- another business, if we transfer provision of a product/service to that business, or stop providing a product/service and that business offers a similar product/service.
We may also use and disclose your personal information:
- for audit, market-research and internal training purposes;
- as necessary to protect any person or our rights or property; or
- for marketing purposes, including contacting you via email, SMS, MMS, phone calls, direct mail or any other means to send you information on behalf of us or third parties, and to enable our related companies and selected third-party partners to provide you product and service information directly. Your consent to this will last indefinitely (including after your Tabcorp account(s) is closed) unless you opt-out.
Security of personal information
Tabcorp takes privacy seriously and takes reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How to contact us about your personal information
You can ask for access to, or to correct, personal information we hold about you, or make a privacy complaint, by contacting the Privacy Officer at:
Level 8, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000
Disclosure of personal information overseas
We may disclose your personal information to recipients located outside Australia that provide, among other things, customer relationship management, identification and fraud detection, cloud and data storage, IT support and/or other third-party services to us (for example, to third parties in the USA, United Kingdom, Japan, Ireland and India).
Current from 15 January 2021.
Requests for Information
As a result, Tabcorp cannot release customer information unless a customer consents to the release or it is legally compelled to do so.
From time to time Tabcorp receives subpoenas from law firms, or members of the public and other interested parties.
In order for Tabcorp to respond to the subpoena, the Tabcorp entity which is the subject of the subpoena must be correct. If the person of interest holds an account with a Tabcorp group entity it will be with one (or more) of:
- Tab Limited (the NSW licensee)
- Tabcorp Wagering (Vic) Pty Ltd (the Victorian licensee)
- Tabcorp ACT Pty Ltd (the ACT licensee)
- Ubet Qld Limited (the QLD licensee)
- Ubet Tas Pty Ltd (the TAS licensee)
- Ubet NT Pty Ltd (the NT licensee)
- Ubet SA Pty Ltd (the SA licensee)
- Golden Casket Lottery Corporation Limited (QLD, TAS* and NT*)
- New South Wales Lotteries Corporation Pty Ltd (NSW and ACT)
- Tattersall's Sweeps Pty Ltd (VIC and TAS)
- Tatts Lotteries SA Pty Ltd (SA)
- Tatts NT Lotteries Pty Ltd (NT)
* Instant Scratch-Its only
Due to privacy reasons, we are unable to disclose whether the person of interest holds an account with one or more of these entities.
Subpoenas should therefore be served on the appropriate company or, if the appropriate company is not known, all such entities. In the latter case, there is no need for separate subpoenas for each entity.
While correspondence regarding subpoenas should be sent to the following address, the subpoena itself should be served on each of the above entities.
The Proper Officer
Tabcorp Holdings Limited
c/o Regulatory Team
Level 31, 680 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Alternatively, please email any correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 1 July 2021